Pages

Monday, January 23, 2012

Brown Bag Book Club

The Brown Bag Book Club has been a success!! The students absolutely love it. During the week, the students have an opportunity to create a brown bag that goes with our story. They are allowed to work on it whenever they are finished with any work. Every Friday, after we take our tests, the students bring their brown bag to the circle and we discuss different parts of the book. It is an open discussion and there are no right or wrong answers...how wonderful is that? In their bags, I place snacks for them to enjoy as we discuss the book! 

Sometimes I have found some excellent discussion activity sheets for them to complete and paste on one side of the bag but other times I have created my own activity sheets that go on their bags to fit our story. On one side they paste the discussion sheet. On the other side, they draw their favorite part of the story. Here are some examples of the brown bags that the students have created....I must say I have some brilliant students!




Enjoy!
Mrs. Crain

No comments:

Post a Comment